Oris’s latest Williams watch marries the raw power of Formula 1 with technical watch design
Oris is pleased to introduce to the starting grid the next series made with its long-standing Formula 1 partner Williams. The Oris Williams collection reflects speed, power and technology of Formula 1.
While the new model’s 42mm brushed and polished stainless steel case are retained from the launch collection, its two-piece dial marks a shift in focus. Oris’s designers have evolved the look to make the watch feel even sportier and more technical.
For example, the numerals on the minute track on the inner dial section are arranged horizontally to mimic the instrument panel of a Williams Formula 1 car, rather than on a curve that follows the shape of the case, as is common in watch design. That horizontal theme continues in the two Arabic numerals at 3 and 9 o’clock – the remaining numerals have been removed to give the watch a clean, streamlined look.
The part-skeletonised dial reveals a section of the anthracite automatic movement underneath, so the wearer can look into the watch’s mechanical engine. A milled circular perforation running around the dial enhances the technical feel. The central seconds hand is in Williams blue, as is the date marker below the date window at 6 o’clock, making it easier to pick the date out quickly when glancing at the watch.
Oris and Williams have enjoyed an enormously fruitful partnership since 2003. The relationship has spawned a series of sporty, technical, memorable watches that bring the power, glamour and focus on design of Formula 1 into a contemporary watch collection. The Oris Williams Engine, Date moves the collection up a gear.
Oris Williams Engine, Date
Ref. No. 01 733 7716 4164 RS, Ø 42.00mm
• Automatic movement Oris Cal. 733, based on SW200-1, with date at 6 o’clock
• Multi-piece stainless steel case and stainless steel crown. Water resistant to 10 bar/100m
• Flat sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating inside
• Screwed stainless steel case back with see-through mineral crystal
• Black skeleton dial with applied numerals. Black hour and minute hands with white Super-LumiNova®. Blue second hand with white tip
• Black rubber strap with stainless steel folding clasp. Also available with stainless steel bracelet.